Development of a 3D printing solution for the hard metal components industry.
Printing in hard metal
To produce tools that require the hardness of tungsten carbide-cobalt (WC-Co).
- Two different technologies: Robocasting (R3D) and FFF
- Formulation development of paste for R3D and filament for FFF
- Iterative process by developing together FFF equipment and filament, in order to enhance the final printing quality
This project will solve the following issues
- Geometric constraints in conventional manufacturing
- Extensive number of machining steps, causing negative cost impact when producing small amounts of complex parts
- High costs and highly technical / complex parts producing time
- Need to recover raw material from machining to reprocessing
- Production of small amounts of complex geometrical parts
- Direct production from 3D design to the machine, with no use of pressing molds
- Freedom in part’s design, allowing to explore new application markets
- Focus on high added value products
- Less time for product development