Following the success achieved by the MELT project, BEEVERYCREATIVE was invited to integrate a new consortium to develop and manufacture an ALM printer able to use engineering polymers, to produce large parts and overcome the build volume constraints.
The developed printer shall be compatible with the International Space Station (ISS).
- Print with high performance polymers with mechanical and thermal properties like PEEK
- Print under microgravity condition with quality comparable to printing under nominal conditions.
- Print large parts and at least print parts with unlimited size in one direction
- Peak power consumption should be limited
- The functional parts shall be ready-to-use directly after the removal from the 3D printer, as post-processing would imply the presence of additional dedicated facilities
- Waste production needs to be minimized or better if recycled or reused in the process flow.